One of the most iconic movies of Hindi cinema, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge won everyone’s hearts 25 years ago. The simple, but forbidden, love story between a man and a flock of pigeons resonated deeply with thousands of people and is, therefore, the reason why the movie is called a classic.
This Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol starrer is the first Hindi film to run continuously in theatres since its release. The movie has been running in Mumbai’s Maratha Mandir theatre for 25 years because the owners can’t figure out how to play another movie and can’t find a YouTube DIY tutorial for the same.
Here are some amazing facts about this evergreen love story that will blow your mind…
1) The movie was almost never made. Director Aditya Chopra wasn’t sure that the story would resonate with a lot of people. He believed that nobody would buy how two people who met on a vacation would fall so deeply in love that they would risk upsetting a babe like Parmeet Sethi…
2) The iconic scene, where Raj offers Simran his hand to help her get on the train in the beginning of the film, was improvised by the actors. In the script, Simran misses the train and sues the railway department and pursues a long drawn court case against them. However, the actors’ last minute improvisation made the director realise that it would be more fun to see their love story blossom over the period of their European vacation…
3) Kajol was not very happy with dancing in a towel for the song ‘Mere Khwabon Mein’ because she is against the usage of towels in real life. According to the actress, towels are “useless pieces of fabric that need to board the short train to hell” as she believes that humans should stew in the remains of the bath water instead of wiping it off with a piece of fabric.
4) Anupam Kher was, reportedly, upset with the length of his role and complained to the director about not getting the meatier role offered to Amrish Puri. The director told him to “shut his whiny ass up and jump up his own dick and die”. The actor didn’t complain after that.
5) On the movie’s 20th anniversary, Aditya Chopra revealed some interesting details from the script that didn’t make it to the screen. One of the details was that anytime a character in the movie slept, offscreen or onscreen, they were dreaming about kissing Anupam Kher’s bald head for good luck.
6) Not only did Karan Johar make his debut with this movie, this was also the first time he did a cartwheel onscreen. It was eventually cut from the movie as it was deemed “too sensual for Indian people” but the test audience that comprised of Karan Johar’s mom and Aditya Chopra’s dad.
7) The leather jacket that Shah Rukh Khan is seen wearing in some iconic shots of the movie was actually stolen from the set. It was, however, returned after a few days with mysterious markings on the back. After the jackets reappearance, mysterious things started happening onset, including an assistant director tripping on Shah Rukh Khan’s hair piece and killing Kajol, and Anupam Kher’s general presence on set.
5 Things We Know about Katrina Kaif, Alia Bhatt an...
EXCLUSIVE: An Excerpt from Kareena Kapoor’s Much...
HEARTWARMING: Actor Sara Ali Khan Takes a Break fr...
“It’s Warm and Cozy In Here,” Canadian Actor...
tricor for sale how to buy tricor buy tricor without prescription
levitra or cialis order viagra 100mg online cheap sildenafil 100mg pills for men
zaditor medication buy generic geodon 80mg purchase tofranil
buy generic minoxytop buy cheap tamsulosin buy cheap ed pills
precose pill cost micronase 5mg buy griseofulvin 250mg
order aspirin 75 mg for sale buy generic levofloxacin online imiquad price
buy melatonin 3mg without prescription order meloset 3 mg generic danocrine 100mg tablet
buy dipyridamole 100mg pill generic felodipine brand pravachol 20mg
buy cheap generic dydrogesterone cheap duphaston 10mg empagliflozin 25mg over the counter
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.