2020 has been a trying and difficult time for everybody. We’re in the middle of a pandemic, the economy is in the trash, and your uncle won’t stop asking you if you and your friends also take drugs because of a WhatsApp forward he read about youth and drugs in his daily Sushant Singh Rajput case update forwards.
But the one thing that can help us through this time is compassion. We need to put aside our differences and learn to empathise with people who are different than us, or might have different opinions than the ones we have. This was evidenced by the amount of support that poured in for Kangana Ranaut, as news of her illegally constructed office being demolished by the Bombay Municipal Corporation started making the rounds of Twitter. People from both sides of the political spectrum jumped in to defend the actress’ rights and criticise the state government for being bullies. But if you were feeling even slightly conflicted about sympathising with an Islamophobic, casteist, opportunistic, hate mongerer, then we’ve got your back. Here are seven less vile (but still terrible) people you can reserve your sympathies for instead of crying buckets over a neo Nazi…
1) This man who gasps and asks “Are you serious?!!”, after you tell him that you think Christopher Nolan is overrated.
2) This woman who just told you that the chicken you’re eating probably had a family of its own who would be missing their mother now.
3) This man who just commented “I completely agree with you, but I think it’s not true for all men”, on your post about how men are trash.
4) This rock that has a very human energy.
5) This woman who told her employees that they’re all a big family, before asking them to stay late on a Friday to work overtime without extra pay.
6) Literally anybody who identifies with Ranbir Kapoor’s character in Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani.
7) This woman who doesn’t like being called a feminist because she hates labels.
INCREDIBLE! This Exclusive Service Lets You Travel...
5 Simple and Genius Tips for Working with People Y...
5 Yoga Poses to Make Sure Your Body is as Flexible...
Quick and Easy Hacks to Turn Into an Ally Without ...
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.